View Single Post
Old 31-01-2019, 16:24   #225
Exile on Spencer St
God Member

Re: January transfer window.

Good luck to Piero but, for Stanley, what a waste of a proven talent to have had him sitting on his backside for most of the season, and now no longer available if suspensions/injuries occur.
We all know Piero would never get picked before McConville but one thing that appears to be different this season is how less effective has been Jordan Clark. Before various interested parties rush to criticise, I rate Clark as probably Stanley’s best player, but this season, whether it’s a slight dip in his form or closer attention from opponents, he hasn’t appeared to have had as much impact as he did last year. Maybe i’m wrong and some stat-freak can prove it. But, when Piero re-signed, I assumed it was because either Clark would be leaving this month or that they’d be used as a pair, one coming one as a sub if goals were not forthcoming from the other. I’m very surprised that there do not appear to have been any offers for Clark this month, but wonder if that actually does confirm my impression.
Anyway, seems sad that Stanley can’t accommodate at the same time two of the best attacking players they’ve had.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote