Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 23:34   #267
Spartacus2nd

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I'd like to know how many of the extra 1000 home fans you refer to would bother turning up every week if they had to endure being drenched for 90 minutes.
I would have thought a simple metal frame with a tin roof would be peanuts compared to some of the proposals shown on the new clubhouse development.
r.
Will away fans turn up every week if we keep them dry?

You're missing the point Mr Lip. Andy has an idea of what he wants the ground to be, and how he wants it to function. If we had sold Kayden Jackson for £10m then I have no doubt that all the work would be done in May.

He wants to build the ground in line with affordability and requirement. Derby, Sunderland and Barnsley would have sold 2600 tickets if we'd have played on top of The Coppice. Gillingham would have brought a minibus full even if we had Darlingtons Board Room of an away end . Yes the facilities cost us some custom, but do the Maths and you'd have to be Dolly Dimple to prioritise it. A metal frame with tin roof, as you put it, is neither safe nor ideal. It may be 'peanuts', but it would be coming back down asap so would be a waste of peanuts that we dont have.

Average ticket price works out a little over a tenner, and i bet they font spend a tenner (average) on sundries. But we'll say £20 per customer, and lets say a very conservative 500k to develop the away end ... how long will it take for us to recoup that? 25k EXTRA customers are required.

It'll be done, but there's other priorities first
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote