Thread: Blackpool Match
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 12:59   #20
Simpson

Re: Blackpool Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
If we are looking at it as the need for safety then 50pts will do it so 14 required from 18 games.
Surely cant be a problem.
The pessimist in me thinks we might need a couple more than 50. Only because whilst Wimbledon and maybe one other (say Shrewsbury at this point) may fail to go on a run and be stranded, I think the others have either already started theirs ( Plymouth / Bradford?) or about to start a run whereas if we don’t start finding the net then we are not going to pick up wins.

When you look at 20th-placed finishes: in 18 of the last 20 seasons, the teams who finished in 20th had either 50, 51 or 52 points: a really narrow spread.
The two exceptions were both lower: Oxford stayed up with 45 points in 1999/00 and Northampton survived with 49 in 2001/02.
I’m not scare mongering, I just think our form coupled with a build up of games could see us continue to slip and I’m more interested in the Oxford, Rochdale and Shrews than those currently just one place behind.
Our last game is Portsmouth away, who will be fighting for automatic, we have Luton, Sunderland who won’t be “on the beach” in April and then some big 6 pointers with the bottom.

Just sayin !
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote