Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 12:21   #275
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Bits & Bobs

Oh mighty Spartacus2nd, your gladius has cut me to the core.
This is the Forum my friend, not the Colosseum.
You may be a long time Stanley fan, but you've only been on here for 5 minutes.
There are 2 types of contributors on this forum. Those who post original thought & those who simply 'react' to the former.
Some do it with logic & wit & some, like you, do it with sarcasm.
By all means disagree with anything I post. But if your going to respond with comments aimed at ridicule, eg. 'Perhaps you could sell off a portion of your estate to help Mr Holt with the financials? then prepare for a verbal kick up the gluteus maximus.
Don't know how you calculate an average ticket price of 'just over £10'. Last time I looked it cost £20 (adult) & £15 (concession) for away fans
If I was an away fan forking out £20 for a ticket, I wouldn't expect armchairs, carpet and a conservatory. But I would at least expect shelter from the elements.
We're no longer in the Unibond or Conference, we're actually in League 1, where the majority of stadia are all seater & fully covered.
As for your gem - 'A metal frame with tin roof, as you put it, is neither safe nor ideal'. I was speaking metaphorically. Did you imagine I meant build it from meccano?
The Clayton end is nothing more than a tin roof on a metal frame. Don't see that as unsafe.
Finally, your question as to my Johnny-come-lately status. Well, let me think? Ah yes, now I remember. Attended my first game at Peel Park in 1958.
Sorry, can't recall the score or even who we played. But then, I was only 8 at the time
Touche indeed!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote