Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 15:38   #276
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
In answer to your rather cynical comments following my suggestion of roofing the Coppice terrace, I would respond;
1. The upgrade of player/officials facilities are already included in the plans posted by Mr Holt & for which he asked for comments.
2. Upgrade facilities for the extra 1000 home fans in a bid to keep them? - Don't make me laugh!
These Johnny-come-lately's have never had it so good, as they quaff their subsidised pints in a nice warm bar before taking their places under a dry covered stand or terrace.
We already have a new fanzone, new stand & new toilets for home fans. What further upgrade do you suggest - perhaps paying them to attend?
3. For upgrade of of bar - see point 1. Again, already included in Mr Holt's grand plan.
4. Spending money we don't have to keep away fans dry on that one day a year it really monsoons? - Seriously, how long have you lived in Accy?
We've already had 3 or 4 capacity gates this season with opponents bringing 2/2500 paying fans to the Wham.
They pay for tickets, beer & food to swell our coffers & you think it's OK to let them get soaked to the skin or half frozen to death on an exposed terrace.
I'd like to know how many of the extra 1000 home fans you refer to would bother turning up every week if they had to endure being drenched for 90 minutes.
I would have thought a simple metal frame with a tin roof would be peanuts compared to some of the proposals shown on the new clubhouse development.
5. Your final comment doesn't even merit an answer.
Spot on post and could not agree more

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote