Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 14:05   #321
Spartacus2nd

Re: Bits & Bobs

Regarding off the pitch activities, we still have the 4th smallest crowds in the entire Football League. I suspect that our annual turnover falls in line with that. For all the work that has gone on, we still have a tiny ground and a tiny turnover. Every club bar Macclesfield, Morecambe and I think FGR (a village) is kicking our arse with its turnover, we simply HAVE to get the club to a level where we sit comfortably mid table in those rankings.

The shirt giveaways, happy hours etc are all great, but shouldve been done 10 years ago. We didnt, because the club was on its arse financially as the little we had went on the Jay Harris's of this world. As a result of neglecting the facilities and the fans we have the 4th lowest crowds of the 92.

Yes, there is a balancing act but AH DID increase the budget, he DID give Coley a chunk of cup run money. We've aldo paid transfer fees in the last 2/3 years and have signed players that their clubs would rather keep - Maxted and Beckles come to mind.

We need to accept what we are, and we are a small club punching above our weight. Way above in fact.

Ive no doubt that, provided we keep on with the good work off pitch, in 5 years time we'll have twice as many home fans. I'm prepared to wait ...
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote