Thread: Thanks Accy Web
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 16:29   #18
grammarlad

Re: Thanks Accy Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If your birthdate is recorded on your profile then(and if I have this wrong, I am sure someone will correct me) you should get an automatically generated Birthday greeting.
Anyway Grammar lad...happy 80 th for last year.

As for the improvements (!) you are spot on....there is nothing worth coming to see in Accrington....regardless of that publication 'Amazing Accrington'.
It used to be a very good place to come to.
Good market, some interesting independent shops....and people who were the salt of the earth.
Alas now all gone....well, there are still some salt of the earth folk about, but there are lots of the other kind too.
Hi Margaret,
We come from the same place but separated by many years (as you can tell by my age). I'm ex Factory Bottom, Woodnook St. Mary's, etc. etc. and stumbled across Accyweb when looking for my old friends Terry Gorman (47 Nuttal Street) and Ronnie Kenyon (Belfield Road). As far as Accrington today is concerned, at least the Town Hall and Market Hall have not (yet) been torn down, but the Con Club seems to have gone.
Like your enthusiasm. Send some to me if you have any spare!
My old friend Les Rooks lives in Clayton, although a youngster being still in his late 70s.
Keep going.....
grammarlad is offline   Reply With Quote