View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 08:55   #39
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

Definitely echo what Revived Red has stated.

Fleetwood were well organised, and seemed to comfortabley eliminate any threat we could of posed.
Billy was took out of the game by a strong and tall centre half.
Janoi wears two right boots so there was no surprise there wasn't a single cross in from him on the left. Unfortunate really as I really like/rate him but he just hasn't come back the same player that left.
I also noticed some comments he has made about Paul Lambert texting him and keeping in touch saying he wants him back at Ipswich over the summer etc, that must be playing on his mind rather than thinking he must impress for potential suitors if he was on his way out...
Sean missed a golden opportunity and you really would expect him to do better.
No composure throughout the team (glad to see Seamus back however, did his job reasonably well)
Erico looked lively when he came on and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at his contribution, he beat his man a couple of times and delivered some good crosses into the box. Also his corner he took at the end actually beat the first man hurrrahhhh!!!!

Dimi made 1 or 2 good saves, I have to feel the one he saved with his legs in the first half - if that was Jonny in goal we'd be 1-0 down at that point. His kicking is absolutely shocking though -.-

Was surprised when I saw the line up - initially thought it was 4-3-3 but it seemed to be more of a 4-1-3-2.

Wouldn't of played Smyth out wide as he was constantly marked all game.
Wouldn't of started Armstrong. Said it before, too much like Connor Hall. He played as a striker for what, 70 minutes of the match? Can't recall him once facing the Fleetwood goal with the ball at his feet, or even having a shot.

Think Erico for Armstrong was the right call as it gave us a bit more creativity and pace out wide whilst allowing Smyth to push more central.
Would of liked Dan to of come on maybe after the hour mark.
Surprised with the Callum for Harvey sub. Callum was obviously fresher and is slightly more attacking. But given Harvey can play CB, I'd of taken off Janoi who was absolutely blowing at the end and put on Scotty to allow Barlaser and Sam to play more attacking. Or even lumped Ross Sykes up front and brought on Big Ben as well.

Onto Wednesday now, we can't change the past but we can change the future.
Not 100% confident - depends on team selection and formation....

Keep The Faith. 2-2 at their place and 1-1 after 70 mins at ours.

Come On Stanley!!