View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 13:46   #28
Exile on Spencer St
God Member

Re: Sunderland home thread

Another very bad result last night but, this time last year, Sunderland were a poor Championship side and Stanley an over-achieving League 2 outfit. Don’t know how many players Sunderland ‘lost’, but clearly, in Chapman, Dunne, and Jackson, Stanley lost three very influential players and this season’s squad is, probably, not as strong. They also lost two good defenders in Iheikwe and Anderson half way through this season.

But it’s the only squad Stanley have and Professor Coleman has to deal with.

So, I’m not sure what there is to gain from stating the b****ing obvious that, being 2 points from relegation with 7 games to go, the squad may not be up to scratch for this League.
Of course, we can all blame the manager and staff for the players we have but I don’t recall many saying the squad was not good enough back in October when, after 14 games, Stanley were fourth in the table.

Right now our team are in the trenches, low on ammunition, under fire from all directions, and with no hope of reinforcements. But only the players we have can secure League 1 survival and I for one want those players to give their all and fight for all our sakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 31A4B04E-D042-4E1F-898A-EF2F2A5D2E0A.jpeg (137.6 KB, 14 views)