View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 16:00   #33
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Sunderland home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Barlaser while being a more talented player has underperformed for us.
If he'd fulfilled expectations we would not be resorting to an undercooked Conneely.

Seamus is the only midfielder we have who can be relied on to keep some shape.
I don't mind if Seamus can't pass forward: that's not his job. He's there to screen the defence, win the ball and give it to the better players.
Our Captain ( ?).. Is unfortunately injured and it shows. But when fit his skill levels appear to be far below those of most midfield players of other teams who have visited THE WHAM this season, and perhaps this is the reason why his contribution to a game appears to be limited.
Unfortunately this applies to the other midfielders in the squad, defending is at a premium, and finding and making a telling pass is seldom seen in a game. This in my humble opinion is one of the major factors affecting the current lack of success and more importantly POINTS at this concerning time in our season.
However, the status quo is unlikely to change at all so my fervent hope is that one or more of our midfield can find that something extra which will change the outcome of one or more of the remaining games !.. it really does rest on their shoulders to shield the defence and feed the right pass to Billy and Paul. A bridge too far ?..I hope not !.

But what do I know ?.. so JC and JB work YOUR magic.. please !!

KTF.. ON STANLEY ON TO GREATER THINGS !.