View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 10:03   #80
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: Wimbledon today thread.

Pretty dull game to be fair, thought Wimbledon could have slightly shaded it given the few chances they had although could argue the same for us with our missed penalty.

Seemed harsh to book Smyth for a dive, looked a clear cut penalty
Clickers was maybe more deserved although only saw it in real time (not seen a reply) - only judging this by the way he fell.

Thought everyone had an okay-ish average game.
Seamus made a few vital tackles deep inside his own half and also cleared one off the line. considering a few people like to groan at his sideways passing, I personally thought he switched play very well.
Big Ben had a better game than normal which was pleasing. A few good tackles and passes, also seemed better in the air than of late.
Janoi was just a bit slow releasing Clicker, especially in the final third. Could have sent him 1 on 1 with their keeper a few times but delayed his pass too long.

Pleased Clicker got his goal. I'm not his biggest fan but thought he played well and took his goal really well, good instinct and composure to slot it in.

Surprised that Callum was again rested, I would have played him instead of Janoi. Normally I would have argued that I would of played him instead of Big Ben and switched Janoi to LB but as I mentioned, was pleasantly happy by Ben's performance.

No complaints with Seamus and Scotty in the middle.
Harsh on Sam in the sense that I didn't think he contributed much but then he is not naturally a 2nd striker.
Baffled why we don't drop Sam deeper and player Barlaser further forward.

Dimi looked a bit shakey with a few crosses and his distribution was diabolical.
Still see him unquestionably as our 1st choice keeper however.

Roll on tomorrow night, let's be loud and proud.

For me, same 11 apart from Callum for Janoi.
4-2-1-3 and just let Clicker, Sean and Paul Smyth roam freely in front of Billy dropping deeper to hold the ball up and pinging through balls to them all game. Lovely jubbly.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote