View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:52   #83
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Wimbledon today thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Yonmon, given that I’m supposedly on the end of 28’s sniping, at no point do I feel sniped. Equally read my post and on several occasions I reinforce the accuracy of a lot of his posts and encourage him to continue. I doubt he would consider same, indeed sniping would appear to be in the eyes of the beholder and we are both direct but fair in my opinion.

My challenge was merely my perception of fairness and I believe both of us agreed to disagree and move on respectfully with playful and respectful parting digs which is what forums should be.

In my agreeing to move on
I was going to remind us of Grimsby away last season when Seamus came out of the side having genuinely battled with a groin. We went on a run of 10 games taking 25 points from 30 with nolan returning as a holder and a new loanee called Dunne moving us from a rapidly sinking 11th back to 2nd in the table (which included Seamus, nolan and Dunne v Coventry away and Swindon at home)

Seamus and Scotty then pushed us even higher to the title. My point being some loanees pushed us on to greatness.

If I had a choice, I’d agree with 28 and certainly not have 5, 6 or is 7 as we do. However there’s rent to be collected !
Simpson !..

The mention of ' sniping ' was not intended to relate to any posts on this particular thread,but rather to some entered on previous threads which resulted in our Moderator bringing them to a close !.
No criticism of anyone in particular was intended in my post, which I hoped would be seen and accepted as a general comment on the status quo of certain aspects of our Forum.
But I would be the first to admit that on this occasion, and, I might add on several occasions over the years, I have allowed my verbosity to take flight with alarming outcome amongst my friends who share my regard for this Forum...and this has often stimulated some interesting replies which kept the banter going !.
Hey !.. here I go again !!... ( Alfred.E. is telling me that enough is enough ! ).

Keep up the good work, and keep the faith.

ON STANLEY !...ON !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote