View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:15   #45
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Rochdale home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytom18 View Post
Haven't posted on here in a very long time, but I feel after the past few months of poor performances, it has reached boiling point with me. Firstly our style of play has been less than stellar for far too long. We play too direct, too often. This has caused our playing style to become too predictable, with long balls constantly played to Billy Kee. More often than not the end result being the ball ending up with the opposition and us having to defend. Stanley play far better; when playing a shorter, quicker style. Which garnered us impressive results against higher quality teams such as Sunderland and Charlton. Secondly the selection of the team has been puzzling at times. Players such as Seamus Coneeley, who plays in a vital role in CDM, it is his duty to control the game, however his distribution at many times has been abysmal. His touches also failing to deliver. Another player who has really underperformed for a while is Sean McConville. It seems for awhile now that Sean seems adverse to going down the byline when attacking, plus he also seems allergic to going in to tackle for the ball. Sean's free kick's have too been very poor for too long. While some shots may be on target, they lack any real power and velocity behind them, therefore even if his shots are on target, they fail to trouble the keeper. Imo Barlaser would be a far more suitable option, based on his shot power and velocity. Which would cause the keeper problems.

Another serious issue i've noticed is the lack of plan b from Coleman. His decision of making subs is baffling, as many times Coley has failed to bring on players at critical points in the game. More often than not subbing far too late, or not subbing the correct players, or even not subbing at all. The consequence of this has lead to defeats. The other problem from this, is Coleman not giving certain players enough of a chance. For example Erico Souza, imo the best player in the 0-3 defeat to Sunderland. Souza's agility was impressive, his pace troubling their sturdy defence, which was unopposed in the first half. Next two games, Souza is not used at all, despite a positive performance. Other players such as Liam Nolan seem to get no opportunity at all, especially when similar players to him underperform. Furthermore Coleman ALWAYS picks his team around his favourites (Sean, Billy, Seamus etc), another reason why certain players can't get game time and progress.

This defeat is certainly a cruel blow, one which could have so easily been avoided. With saturday now the biggest game of the season so far against fellow strugglers Walsall. Even more important based on a harsh last few games against many top six teams. I feel even if we are relegated, the squads needs a re-shuffle and there needs to be some big decisions regarding the current managerial team. Apologies if this seems like a rant, but obviously as fan all I want is for Stanley to succeed and progress even further. With the way our form has been, it will end up the opposite, IF these issues I mentioned don't change. All in all I hope we can maintain our League 1 status for the foreseeable future and move on to greater things.

Regards Tom
Hi Tom !!

Drop me a pm when the sequel is ready for publication !.

Regards to both of you !,

A.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote