View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 16:14   #58
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: Rochdale home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I can't disagree with your summing up of the season, although it doesn't explain why we did so well in getting points prior to Christmas?
In the first 17 games, we scored in all but two. In the 34 since we've had 14 blanks, including 6 in a row. That's the most significant difference. Going off the stats, we still seem to be making chances but we've stopped converting them.

The start of the season was dreamland, including a 10 game unbeaten run and 5 wins out of 6 in one spell, but, looking back, the wins were almost all by the odd goal. But, again with hindsight, that raised expectations to crazy heights. The correction was probably inevitable, but I can understand Coley sticking to what worked at the start. A radically different "Plan B" would require radically different ingredients which I'm not sure are available.

Similarly, I'm with Andy in putting financial security ahead of chasing further daydreams by risking bankruptcy.

Whatever, having failed to see off the Wombles and the Dale, we are probably perverse enough to now lose to Walsall and Plymouth, but secure safety by beating Luton, Doncaster and Portsmouth. Oh it's exciting following Stanley …..