View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 07:34   #65
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Rochdale home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Well said Macca.... we are a tiny club making progress against the odds. We have to expect challenges. Sometimes we will overcome sometimes we won’t.
I agree with others about the loss of Anderson, ikekwe and Ripley. We were much more solid with them.
The other main thing is that Zanzala, for all his many faults, doesn’t feature and instead we rely on the very predictable, underperforming Billy Kee. It’s no wonder we never score.

Tempus fugit Lord D !.. and it's effects on players of our noble game, as we can all testify to, can cause serious defects to creep into one's game with devastating consequences!.
Dare I suggest that this factor, along with being consistently battered by an array of
violent defenders, is now being seen as the predictability and underperformance which you so rightly identify in Billy Lee's game !.
There are others in the current squad who find themselves slowly being wrapped in the arms of Old Father Time, and for them the consequences again indicate that some excellent careers are unfortunately nearing their end... sad but true !.
Let's hope though that they still have enough fuel left in their tanks to provide us with
the impetus necessary to guide us to the maintaining of our current League 1 status, the quality of which I for one have really enjoyed this season.
KTF..ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote