View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 09:26   #67
ASFC1019

Re: Rochdale home thread

Having read many comments about Tuesdays game, I thought I’d have my say.
I actually thought our overall play on Tuesday was excellent, it ended up being one of the most one sided games I’ve seen at the wham all season in terms of general play.
However we didn’t manage to create clear cut goal scoring opportunities and thats our biggest downfall. Irrespective of how we play, you obviously need to score goals to win a game of football and on Tuesday we didn’t. That doesn’t mean Rochdale deserved the win as some have said. Anyone who watched that game can not have believed we didn’t deserve something.
As for the “lack of a plan b”. From memory we’ve now played 4 at the back, 3 at the back, 5 at the back, 2 up front, 1 up front, 3 up front, 2 holding midfielders, 4-3-3. You get my drift. I’d argue the fact we have played so many different formations/starting line ups has actually hurt us. We need a settled team similar to last season.
Anyway, onto Saturday and its a huge game. Must win in my eyes and I believe if we play how we did on Tuesday our luck will turn eventually.
Oh and hopefully the officials spot blatant handballs 3 yards in front of them!!!
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote