View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 11:18   #70
monkey hanger
God Member

Re: Rochdale home thread

[QUOTE=maccawozzagod;1226911]

If we start in League 2 next year as an average side then we are still better off than the beginning of last season. Can we retain some of the newer fans? I like to think so. Remember back last season we still thought of ourselves as having a hardcore of 1000. At the moment we have over 1000 ST holders/loyalty cards. We have a price freeze (again) on STs, and we are playing in the same red shirt (again).

I couldn't give a toss for those fans who want to disappear back up their backsides if we go down. I couldnt give a toss for those fans who think we need to spend money on players. It's not the Stanley way and we'll carry on making incremental progress year on year, just like we have for the previous 50 years without you.

with relagation we might keep a few but not all of the newer fans and i imagine some will not bother to renew their season tickets. do not expect andy holt to bankroll the playing budget but even with the best ground and facilities in the league fans want to watch a winning team playing attractive football. something needs to change in this respect as there will be hundreds looking for a new club after the season ends and we need to be a bit more competitive in our ability to recruit.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote