View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 10:07   #33
monkey hanger
God Member

Re: Walsall home thread.

Referees seem to have this idea that from the start they must at all costs 'keep the game flowing' by not awarding too many free kicks in the first half hour of a match!
IMHO what the referee should be doing in the first half hour of the match is ensuring that the players on both sides play to the rules and if that results in a couple of early bookings then we would more likely enjoy a flowing and relatively foul free match and no ore bookings!
I believe that we just need referees to apply the rules properly and to be consistent![/COLOR]

got to remember that the referee is only following orders at first then thinking about what the assessor will think. i,ve had it before with them saying you never let the game flow early on and making a rod for my own back with an early caution or sending off. a foul is a foul in the 1st minute as the last and so are certain cautions and sending offs. consistancy and correct applications of the laws of the game is something we all strive for but like all human beings we do not always get it right. allowing them to referee as they think fit and not with one arm tied up their back from the league and their own assessors might give em a better chance of doing their job correctly.