View Single Post
Old 20-04-2019, 22:13   #27
Greger

Re: The Luton thread

My 10 ps:
- I am of the same mind as Cashy re the first incident. Really stupid back pass by Sean! Don't really believe that was part of JC's game plan, though.
- The stupidity of the back pass does not excuse Eftimov. Embarrassing to say the least. Most refs would have shown him a straight red.
- Cannot really understand why the second warranted a yellow card. But most refs tend to give a yellow every time there is a penalty. Can't understand that part. But since Eftimov probably shouldn't have been there in the first place I can have no real complaints.
- Again that does not excuse Eftimov. Somebody must have told him he had a yellow already. And it was a clumsy and stupid challenge nonetheless. His overall performance must rank among the top ten worst I have seen from from a goalkeeper through a life time of watching football.
- Collins put both hands on Kee's back. If I had been his manager I would have been furious with him. You don't do that inside the penalty area. Of course Kee would go down like a sack of coal when he felt those hands on his back. But I cannot be upset by the lack of a penalty.
- I thought Luton were poor. We would have had a decent chance of a point (I mean 0-0 of course) with a decent goalkeeper. Even though I admit Stanley were even poorer.
- This was a performance best forgotten. Not just Eftimov's. We still have a chance. Plymouth at home will be massive. And while Stanley are in poor shape, so are most of the bottom dozen, Plymouth included. It will be close.
- I and Mr Eftimov share one sentiment I believe. If a Stanley game was to be televised we both wish it had been a different one!