View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 08:32   #48
Simpson

Re: The Luton thread

Stanley Josh. Understand your point a little better. A couple of friendly challenges for you.

“Pressure to sort out contracts” - the only contracts ( other than loans) I can recall being agreed this season are Coleman’s and Bells own 4 year deal with a besotted Andy Holt and then the 3 year deals with members of the inner circle Sean and Billy. I’d be surprised if they were keeping Coley awake.

I’m told we had the opportunity to sell Johnson for ironically the cost of a new pitch. Would we have been any weaker at right back had he gone? It’s certainly affected the lad on the pitch since.
The only other contract talks I heard of ended up with a fall out and the other one has gone very quiet which will likely mean having to trigger his option to get a fee in September.

Re the penalty, I know the rule you talk of but my understanding is there is a further “sub rule” in that if there is no attempt to play the ball then it’s also a straight red, hence asking those on the board better informed for clarity.

Finally, re your point over players on the bench not being “league 1”. Please list those you believe are League one. For me I would give you Clark if given the service, but that’s it.
I was just going on feedback from Wrexham friends who said he ran their game, this being the week after they beat the same team 5 nil at their place when he didn’t play because of injury, hence their question to me on why he was out on loan.