View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 13:49   #94
Twenty Eight
Senior Member+

Re: The Luton thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
At the risk of repeating myself (yet again), we really have become so entirely predictable as a team. I certainly cannot get to all the games, but in those I have seen, I cannot recall seeing a move that has been rehearsed on the training ground.

Apart from those in a defensive area, all free kicks are taken by the same person in the same way. A hopeful punt towards the opposition penalty area in the hope that Sykes or Hughes can make contact with a header.

Our occasional attacks down the left wing seem to carry little threat. We all know (so the opposition must know) that any left wing attack will stop for the ball to be played infield - usually diagonally backwards.

When things are not going well, I never see any evidence of Plan B. When substitutions are made (often too late), they seem to be like-for-like
Maybe the problem on the left has something to do with playing naturally right footed players there ? Or is that too simplistic ? Clearly not to simplistic for our opponents to work out.