View Single Post
Old 26-04-2019, 12:31   #1
Chimer
Senior Member+

Tickets for Pompey - Catch 22

This is principally intended to provide me with supporting evidence if necessary - but it's quite a funny story, once I've stopped banging my head against a wall …

As many of you know, I live in Pompey - my AccyWeb location even says so. Every time we've played at Fratton Park, I've walked down the road a few days before the game and bought away end (well, corner ) tickets for myself and Mrs C from the ticket office. This year, it's the last game of the season, Pompey sold out all but our corner of the Milton End months ago, and all the tickets for our corner are in Accy, to keep out "Blue Army" infiltrators …….

So I ring the club to get my hands on some, but guess what? Because we went to watch England Ladies at Fratton years ago (10-0 v Turkey ) my name's apparently on the Pompey database, which means Stanley can't/won't sell me tickets either . We've talked to Pompey, who are now prepared to tell Stanley if required that I haven't bothered them for the last two years and am obviously not a Pompey fan - Stanley are ringing me back on Monday to discuss ……

Oh, and they can't/won't sell tickets to Mrs C, who we think is on the Stanley database, because they know she's married to me

And I understand exactly why all this is happening and am not blaming anybody - but I'm hoping someone in the offices may see this, note it's coming from the Prediction League scorekeeper with over 2500 posts on here , and ask the ticket office team to be nice to Mr or Mrs Kenyon (there goes anonymity ) on Monday - then we just have to hope Royal Mail do their stuff and get 3 concession tickets to me in time . I don't mind the occasional 500 mile round trip to watch Stanley at the Crown, but just to buy tickets for a game on my doorstep ……. I think not

It will all end up well - I know it will, I'm sure it will, I'm Stanley till I die

Last edited by Chimer; 26-04-2019 at 12:34.
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web