View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 08:51   #21
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Free TV licences for the over 75's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
It's not exactly lying 52% were in favour of reforming or abolishing free licence scheme, but it's not exactly telling the truth either in that 48% wanted no change.

To be honest it's just more vulnerable people for the TVL goons to exploit and get a conviction from.... or get to buy a licence when it's not needed.

I've been getting their threatograms from TV Licencing for almost 20 years now at my current address, which all go in the recycled paper bin unopened...
So sneakily manipulating the figures is not lying?
It is misrepresentation on a grand scale
Only 15% of those surveyed wanted to abolish the concession.
The other 37% wanted the licence to be abolished for all.
But this was not what would fill the coffers of the BBC....so some other un-named sneaky person(at least we KNOW George Osborne was sneaky and he put his name to his sins).
It fitted the BBCs agenda to muddy the water regarding the figures....it gives them a financial advantage.
It means the the older people who were entitled to a free TV licence will now be asked to pay into the pot to fund the hefty salaries of those like Gary Lineker et al....who were part of tax avoidance schemes.....and the BBC was complicit in these.
It means that pensioners who may miss out on a free TV licence because they are too,proud to claim pension credit will be paying for the luxurious pensions of those who are already rich(and tax avoiders...but that is another discussion).
So, personally I consider the BBC to be dishonest.

The BBC was once a watchword for great programs, unbiased news and a full and honest public service vehicle in broadcasting. Now it offers more repeats than new programs , it support and promotes certain political perspectives and pays untalented people ludicrous sums for substandard tripe(I cite Jo Brand here)
It can no longer be considered that.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote