View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 23:23   #3248
brenttaylor6591

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Being a newbie to this site I find a refreshing approach to the healthy debate of current topics.
My own perspective on the whole Brexit issue being that in 1652, the Civil War commenced to decide who had the ultimate power to represent the wishes of the people, the Sovereign or Parliament. I have grave concerns when reading in the press or hearing on TV, that we appear to in an era of “the Sovereignty of Parliament”. I don’t recall a vote transferring “the divine right”, from the one to 650!
Whether a leaver or remainer, a democratic referendum was held, the arguments for and against presented and it’s time this was accepted and the expressed will of the majority respected.
History holds many examples of the failures of appeasement towards European issues and and unless we begin to acknowledge the fundamentals of democracy we are in danger of accepting our elected “betters”, have that dive right to make decisions regardless of the wishes of the people.
Still the Civil War only lasted nine years so only another six to go maybe[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brenttaylor6591 is offline   Reply With Quote