View Single Post
Old 20-10-2019, 15:49   #13
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Tractor Boys game

Accringtoin Stanley 2 - 0 Ipswich Town
It was a cracking match today and IMHO Stanley fully deserved the three points. I am sure that the neutrals watching on Sky TV would be in full agreement that Stanley were the better team today.
A number of friends of mine watching on TV certainly thought so reading their text messages after the match.
Stanley started well and were clearly up for it, making it tough for the unbeaten League leaders right from the first whistle.
I thought that the MOM award could have gone to most of the Stanley boys but Colby bishop deserved it for his goals and for winning almost every ball in the air! Clarke was superb and his goal line clearance just in front of us was very timely. Definitely not over the goal line! I thought that Johnson was also super today, both going forward, linking with Clarke and also in defence. On 25 minutes Ipswich were attacking down their right wing and an Ipswich midfielder was sprinting into the box and Callum made a superb decision to leave his winger and get a very important tackle in and clear the ball. Spot on judgement from Callum! Zanzala was his usual nuisance up front and gave Toto a hard time.
Ross Sykes was tremendous in the air today and but for allowing himself to get wound up by an opponent he too could have been a MOM candidate. Hughes was super cool. Opuku had a good game and he showed some great skills and footwork going forward. I like him more and more every time I see him play. Our midfield was strong today. Finlay just gets better and better and Seamus had a super match getting stuck in physically as he has learned to do much more of this season. Sean Mac did quite well in the first half but drifted out of the match in the second half. I think he was slightly off the pace and perhaps still aware of his recent shoulder injury.
Coley got his substitutions right today and the fresh legs of Charles and Pritchard helped
to maintain the pressure on the Tractor boys defence in the dying minutes of the match.
Dimi Evtimov should be really chuffed with his clean sheet toady. His finger tip save from Kayden Jackson was excellent as it was going into the bottom corner but for Clarke's timely clearance off the goal line. Dimi's kicking was accurate and he found Bishop, and his head, with nearly all of his kicks out.
Our boys managed so effectively
to neutralise the threat of Kayden Jackson's pace and he hardly had a sniff at goal apart from the one chance mentioned above!
All in all,today was BRILLIANT for the Stanley players and the wonderful Stanley supporters who turned out in force today. Up to 17th now!
WELL DONE STANLEY.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
KEEP THE FAITH.

Last edited by choirboy; 20-10-2019 at 15:52.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote