View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 11:23   #7
AlisonBarnes
Junior Member+

Re: Haworths in Accrington area?

Hi Debs, my name is Alison Conboy& John George Haworth is my Grandad. He married my Grandma, Edith Green from Rawtenstall on 25th July 1925. They had four children together plus your Grandma & aunties so their house would have been quite full. I don't remember much about your family as I was only born in 1964 but do occasionally remember them visiting their Grandma. John George died in 1942 so I never met him. He seems to have been quite a disciplinarian from what my Mum used to say but even she was only 11 when he died. All four of John & Edith's children have died but there are some of the next generation still around. They had a son, Broughton in 1927, twin girls Alice & Mary Ellen in 1929 & my Mum Brenda in 1930. they had ten children between them, nine of whom are still alive as far as I know although I am not in touch with all of them. Hope this helps you out. With regard to The Pals, John George did transfer to the King's Liverpool regiment which is why he has two numbers but I don't know anything about injuries on the Somme. I don't log on very often but will look for you again next time I do. With warmest wishes to you, Alison Conboy. (ps you can find me on facebook if you like, there are only two people with my name & the other one is my niece).
AlisonBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote