View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 12:28   #43
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Smile Re: Southend Utd match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
My mate HP ( a reliable sauce) told me last year that Sean is Coleman’s fixer on and off the pitch. For me his absence leaves a massive leadership gap, particularly if the captain is struggling to lead with his own performance.
If there were 4 battling to stay up we would be down, but with Bury and Bolton gone and Southend on the precipice, we have to rely on others not finding form.
In my opinion, over the last 2/3 seasons, we have had X3 leaders on the pitch, who between them, used their ability to score, stop and create goals to such good effect, we not only managed to stay in the Football League, but we also won it!!!!!

Not in any particular order:-

Billy Kee, we all know what Billy has done for us and how much of a miss he is!!

Sean McConville, love him or hate him, he is a massive loss for us and - we would have won yesterday, if he was playing!!

Mark Hughes, solid as a rock at the back and has always marshalled the defence....not the player he was......

To put the above in to context, if Salah had the troubles Billy has, Henderson was out for the rest of the season and Virgil had lost form and pace, would the 'other' reds be flying high????

Just my thoughts and opinions

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote