View Single Post
Old 27-01-2020, 23:06   #3503
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Jimmy, it is about fairness.
How can it be fair for a benefit claimant to be better off than someone who is working full time, paying their dues.
Benefits are meant to be a safety net, a helping hand...not a life style choice.
I make no apology for telling it as I see it.
The other thing that really gets my goat is the fact that governments have come and gone and done nothing to rectify the tax loopholes that corporate companies exploit.
They are doing nothing illegal, but by not paying their whack(and they have an awful lot of 'whack') it means that the little man has to pay more....therefore has less disposable income to spend.
If the likes of Google and Amazon, Starbucks and all those other large corporations paid what they really owed then we could have enough to look after the old, the disabled and the vulnerable.

But let's get on with the business of leaving the EU....that should free up some resources.
Let's look at re-appropriating the foreign aid budget.
Let's not give to those countries who have their own space programs...let's make sure the countries we DO give to, use the money wisely perhaps with a proviso that where products they need are made in the U.K.that is where the money is spent.
We have to hope that things will get better and that we will leave the EU eating our dust.
You and I (I am guessing here) are the product of experience and hail from a different era.
We can easily be cynical because we have lived long enough to have seen much and are surprised by little.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote