Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:52   #36
Hill Walker

Re: Corona Virus

Just come back from a supermarket trip. I hate going to the supermarket so having a choice of two, one big, one small, both equidistant I normally go to the small one, better parking and I can get round it quicker. However about once a month I go to the big one to get the items that the small one does not sell mainly refill packets of various things and large packets of some items.
The Lemmings had obviously been there.
The 'pain killer' shelves had been stripped bare, no problem didn't want or need any. Interestingly the 'cold and flue remedy' shelves had not been touched, obviously the Lemmings don't read the ingredients part of the labels.
The 'gel type' soap shelves also stripped bare but interestingly solid soap in packets untouched. No problem, I would have bought a refill pack if there had been any but only because that would have been a normal purchase at this time, I've got about a months worth at home.
The pasta shelves were nearly bare, one lonely packet in the back corner of one shelf, no problem didn't want any. Did notice the solitary packet had gone ten minutes later when going to the payout.
Toilet rolls, the larger packs had obviously taken a big hit, still some there but not as many as there should have been. Lots of small packs, obviously the Lemmings were being selective.
Got sort of grumbled at for using cash rather than a credit card.
I suppose it was about what I expected.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote