Thread: Coronovirus
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:19   #4
Lord Didsbury

Re: Coronovirus

if we go down the route of lockdown and enforced isolation, inc the cancelling of events, there will surely be untold financial misery for everyone and other unintended consequences across the world.

I'm not sure what's the best route? older people self isolating (eg, over 70s not going to games) is an option - daft as it might have sounded at one point. At least it keeps the rest of the world moving, but still leads to a lot of death over a longer period of time.
No isolation at all and accept we are going to see a lot of death in a shorter period of time and a swamped NHS but get it over with.
Total lockdown - might work like it appears to be working in china/korea, but still might not work, might just drag out the inevitable for years, might screw everything else up and no idea how long for.

It brings into play morality, the inevitability of death and disease, economics and, whether it's even OK to discuss some of the harder options given the huge backlash from virtue signallers.

Seems Andy Holt is firmly in favour of lockdown and cancelling games. Which is great that he does not seem guided by the personal short term financial situation. If everyone thinks beyond their own personal situation that's got to be good.

Anyway.... got to dash, I've got a trolley full of pasta and bog roll I've got to pay for.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote