View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 08:17   #8
andyd
God Member

Re: Resurrect the fight for survival thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
Since pre season I've been going on about this.
We have lads up front who are having to learn "on the job" in a league many levels above whence they came.
That's tough to do.
It's my opinion and I accept not a popular one that in the January window there were enough experienced forwards that could have been brought in admittedly at a cost - but not substantial.
Instead of which we get Bobby Grant who really should be seen as a temporary replacement for Sean, but can't dislodge Pritchard.
Chances have been created - many chances - and all the forwards have fluffed their lines.
No point citing individual examples we've all seen them.
We will get away with it .... just.
However given Bury's demise, Bolton's points deduction, and Sarfend's horrible form (except against us) means we're papering over cracks.
Next season will be significantly tougher.
Every season in league 1 will be tough budget wise even when all other costs are taken care of we just don't get support through the gate and it's slowly dropping again I agree money spent could have brought a decent striker in problem is we haven't got the money to wreck the wage structure but it might not matter as we could slip into league 2 hopefully not but it is going to be a bumby ride.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote