View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:25   #25
Simpson

Re: Resurrect the fight for survival thread

Re my earlier post, there’s no particular pop at Grant, he’s entitled to take the opportunity if offered. What I’m trying to say is that our scouting could be much better, it has to be wider than scousers, Southport connection or older players who once played......

When they don’t fall within the above such as this seasons recruitment, they just seem to be no better bets than bets at Cheltenham or trying to catch a “falling knife” with the current stock market.
No doubt many can point to successes of the past and prove me wrong which is fine, but many of those will be in league 2 where you have a better chance of “winging it”.

League 1 finds you out. If we are to stay in league one and certainly next year when 4 teams go down then something needs to change.

As for “old heads” and dressing room etc, I don’t buy that at all, we have Seamus, Hughes and even Sean can play a part whilst injured. According to stats on One website I often refer to, Mangen made 3 league appearances and a total of 9 mins last year. That’s not good use of our money.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote