View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 17:01   #33
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: Resurrect the fight for survival thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Enjoying the debate, but from my biased stance, are you not proving my point, apart from Ross (who still has a lot to learn) everyone of those you list was whilst in L2. I’m talking about being better when recruiting for league 1,

I can’t think of any that raise the standard above what we brought into this league and none have equalled in quality those we have lost in the last 2 seasons.

As for Jordan, scandalous that he is going on a free. Not as if the timeline of his contract and Bosman is a secret. Appreciate he will give 100%, but he also needs to look after his own interests and not get injured when moving on. Can’t have been fun as a senior player watching what we’ve brought in IMO.
And all those players have/will play at a higher level.
Nothing stopping the lads we have signed also coming good. I’d say the lads from Non League have played better than those with higher level academy experience etc. I’d take colby and Dion over ozzy and benny any day of the week.

I’d say better at recruiting is beating championship clubs for a Premier League striker.
I’d say better at recruiting for signing a player who would be £800 a month better off in National League.
I’d say better off recruiting for signing Pritchard, who had a very, very tough decision at his age and his point of career where to go, especially with the Bolton fiasco.

I wouldn’t say it’s scandalous Clicker is leaving on a free.
He won’t sign a new contract. Completely different scenario to Crooks/Windass.
We transfer listed him in the summer.
No clubs came in for him for the price we wanted.
No clubs in Jan want to start a bidding war and let other teams know of interest, they’d rather convince him when free agent with wages facilities etc than pay over the odds for an extra 6 months.
Losing him for 50k in Jan, is it really worth it for that amount? No, him keeping us up would be worth much more than that.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote