Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2020, 13:33   #65
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Went into 'Old and Bargain' this morning.....the place was like the plague of locusts had landed and devoured everything.
Wanted some paracetamol(they used to be on prescription for himself....now we buy them)....I have not stocked up, or bought extra stuff since this drama started.....but none to be had.
The cleaning product aisle was also empty.
They were unloading some loo rolls.....and it was like a bun fight.....one woman loaded 14 packs of nine rolls into a trolley.......how very, very selfish.
She could see the black looks she was getting and probably hear the comment that were passed, but she strolled to the till and out to her car.

Aldi was bereft of fresh meat....although there were chickens and chicken fillets.
No eggs, no pasta....tinned products very limited.

Himself went to Morrisons and he said it was very similar there.

From this weekend, we are in the category of the population who are supposed to be voluntarily self isolating.....but yet there is still no solution as to how we obtain daily staples like bread, milk, vegetables....let alone any medications that might be required.
Yet these selfish people stockpile items when they are able to go out and about freely and unrestricted.
Don't they realise that they are part of the problem?
Yes, I know that is a silly question in this 'me, me, me, society'.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote