Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2020, 12:28   #79
Hill Walker

Re: Corona Virus

For the first time in over a week I have just been to the supermarket. An almost completely surreal experience. The first thing odd thing happened when I went to get a trolly. I had just got hold of one when a man dressed like a bank robber (combat fatigues, cap, face mask etc) rushed up to me and said “that’s my trolly - I just put it there!”. As this made little sense I just stood there for a second trying to process this comment in some way. He repeated “Its my trolly - I want it back - don’t you understand!!”. I released the trolly and took one from the next row. Strange!

Inside the supermarket things were much as expected, pain killers, nappies, baby food, hand washing gels, etc, etc all stripped bare. Didn’t really expect to find tea, coffee, crisps, eggs and baked beans totally stripped bare but they were. Washing powder and similar, bleach and toilet cleaner - stripped bare, Puzzled as to why the drain cleaners and un-blockers were also stripped bare, also the air freshners. Not surprised the pasta shelves were stripped bare but puzzled as to why the equally long life rice products were untouched. Annoyingly the milk area was stripped bare - going to have to try my other supermarket as this was on my need to get list as I only had about 100ml left. Obviously the supermarket is not expecting toilet rolls anytime soon, the entire bay has been filled with Easter Eggs, this could cause some confusion. Overheard a member of staff being asked where the nappies were, the reply - “And the next joke is”.

Went to the other supermarket (smaller, same firm, different town). Milk - no problem, full shelves but restricted to 2 per customer. Actually managed to complete my list of items.

Slowly coming to the conclusion that maybe this virus like pregnancy causes strange cravings.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote