Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2020, 13:31   #80
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
According to a map on a website a few days ago (can’t find it now), outside of London, Hampshire, where we currently live, had/has the most confirmed Covid-19 cases in the U.K. It was about 53, which represented 0.003% of the population. In Lancashire confirmed cases equated to 0.0005% of the population.

We have been asking everyone we know whether or not they know of anyone, or know someone who knows someone who knows anyone who has been confirmed with this virus. So far it’s been zero.

Just out of interest, does anyone on here know anyone who’s been confirmed with Covid-19?
I mean actually know them, not just read about someone on their phone or computer who they don’t know.
I do not know of anyone who has been confirmed to be suffering from Covid19....but my daughter's sixteen year old son was sent home from school yesterday because he had a low grade temperature and had coughed a couple of times.
His sister was removed from her class and also sent home.
Their Dad was informed of the situation and he was told to go home and self isolate for 14 days.
He will not get sick pay from his job(he would normally get full,pay for six weeks) because he is not considered by the firm to be ill.
So financially they will be penalised.
They cannot get tested to ensure that it IS this virus and not any other viral illness,because only hospitalised patients are being tested.

I am in the coffin dodgers bracket, that is being asked to self isolate from weekend, but my intention is to go about my life normally unless I feel poorly or someone in the family is confirmed to have this virus.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote