View Single Post
Old 18-03-2020, 16:52   #1
pompeylass

Obscure source of research

I’ve come across an obscure source of research that I would like to pass on.

This involves a magazine called ‘Computer Active’. The magazine comes out every fortnight, therefore there are 26 issues per year.

Although ostensibly about computers, each issue now has one page, usually page 16, that devotes itself to genealogy sources online, titled ‘Grow your own Family Tree’.

This was a new feature in the magazine, starting from the Aug/Sept copy (No.535) of 2018.

To date there have been 42 articles devoted to a variety of aspects of finding new and obscure sources for family history, with many links to other online sources.

You may wonder what on earth I’m doing, droning on about a magazines that basically covers the subject of computers, and is now reduced to the history archives.

But this particular magazine produces a CD each year of the previous years’ 26 issues – nine articles on the 2018 CD and 26 articles on the 2019 CD; the 7 articles produced so far this year won’t be available on CD till next year.

Priced at £10.80 per CD, these CD’s can be purchased through Amazon UK’s website. The CD not only gives you access to the ‘Grow your own Family Tree’ articles, but all aspects for computers as well – which makes for an all-round fascinating read.
pompeylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web