Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 13:59   #189
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

I was not talking about the way Public Health England report on anything and the only things that are black and white are the newspapers.
If you cannot see the sensationalising of this then all I can say is you aren't looking.

If you think that that is me loving a conspiracy theory, then you are reading it all wrong.

You say that most people are taking events in their stride and behaving...would these be the same people who have stripped the supermarket shelves of staple foods...or the ones who have abused ASDA and tesco staff for trying to ensure that there is stuff for everyone or maybe it was the woman coming out of HOME BARGAINS with 14 nine roll packs ot toilet rolls.
This is what you consider to be 'behaving well'
What do you think created the panic buying?
Might it have been the way the media were reporting the issues?
You surely cannot deny that there has been a wave of panic buying can you?

I have also seen those statistics about the difference between the genders, but I am not getting what the point is regarding this, that you are trying to make.

If you look at the language in how the media(and I include the BBC in this) the media are whipping up fear and panic. You cannot pick up a newspaper or turn on your TV without reading or seeing reports full of hyperbole regarding the virus.
But if you cannot see it then that is OK..it won't be worrying you will it?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote