Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 17:49   #192
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Thank you for your response.
I do appreciate you taking time to do that.
As far as having answered the question....that was not the answer that I felt would be given.
Yes, it is human nature when they think they are in danger.
The population have been schooled to think they are in danger by the fear and panic created by the media.
That you do not buy papers, does not protect you from the media coverage....it seems current that ALL TV shows are making some comment on it and Professor Whitty pops up between programs....so unless you go and live in a cave hearing about is inevitable.
I do not watch much TV and cannot recall when I last watched a news broadcast.(my husband is so spooked by them that he turns out them off).

I am relating things I have seen.
I saw a woman abuse a till operator in ASDA, to,the point where security was called to deal with the issue ..and that was just last week.
The toilet roll thing too...that was a personal experience.

As you know, there is no cure for the common cold....and the flu vaccine depends on the virus that was prevalent more than a year ago and the last vaccine had an efficacy score of only 30%.

You are right about it being a new version of a disease, but you cannot spout statistics and expect them to be relevant if you really do not know the size of the problem.
We don't know the size of the problem because the population are not being tested.
There are probably very many more people who have had this virus and do not know they have had it because their symptoms have been mild enough to cause them no difficulty.

Again, this is NOT to say that we can be complacent, but there does need to be a sense of perspective.

If you are going to get this, you could stay in your home, not move out of your house and STILL get it...delivered on your gas bill envelope that someone with the disease has coughed on, breathed over or just touched.

Live cheerful, not fearful....and of course stay safe.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-03-2020 at 17:53.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote