Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 20:21   #199
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Taddy you are right.
But this has been blown out of all persepctive by the media.
Of course it is serious, because no-one really knows how this virus will change...or what it will do to the people who have got it or had it.

I know that I keep on saying this, but there are 60.7 million people live in this country.
There are just over 17 thousand people who have the confirmed virus(many more may have it/have had it and not noticed) one thousand and nineteen people have died.
What is this in percentage terms per capita.....it is a very small percentage.(I could work it out, but I failed maths miserably at school)

There is no cure...but then there is no cure for the common cold or for the flu...and even vaccination for the flu is sometimes hit and miss because viruses mutate...they change so that they can continue to inhabit humans.
That there is no cure does not mean that if you get this you will die from it...you might, but then again you might not

NO I am not saying that we should not take precautions or that we should be cavalier in our attitudes to the infection, but what I AM saying is that we need to get a grip....stay calm and not have fear instilled in us by the dramatic sensationalist language that the media are using.
Use your common sense...keep your sense of humour and a sense of proportion about this crisis.

Now I'll await the flying bricks.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote