Thread: Coronovirus
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2020, 00:39   #110
Reamer
Full Member+

Re: Coronovirus

Footy has to take a back seat with this stuff we can't control going on ,and so far the EFL has probably got it right. As fans, though, it feels like we're
in a canoe without a paddle. I have this grating feeling at the back of my head if we don't finish this season in a way that makes the clubs and more especially the fans
of those clubs respect that solution, that the league will suffer. It's about integrity in the end.
For instance, let's imagine if the league was declared void now. Bolton survive and in the summer break make some random signings that take them to top of League 1 next season (I know, in spite of a 12 point deduction, presumably). Meanwhile we begin to struggle at t'other end of the table (it's only a what if / maybe). If we or any other L1 club were then relegated, the resentment we would feel would be against the league admin rather than at Bolton (who would basically have followed legitimate rules). It would be a massive turn off for fans and, as we know, every fan at ASFC is a fan to behold.
The season has to finish in a legitimate way but atm I'm as clueless as everyone as to how that can be done. The key factor is time. If this epidemic goes on longer than we all hope then that could change everything.

Last edited by Reamer; 29-03-2020 at 00:45.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote