View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 09:25   #43
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Isolation calendar.

I get all that Dorothy... I really do...but and this is going to sound a bit conspiracy like.
Whe you mention how much we will enjoy reinstated freedoms, I worry about what freedoms will be returned.
When a population gently hand over their freedoms with hardly a peep, governments feel emboldened.
Despots use force to imprison...governments use stealth and guilt.

Also you only have freedoms if you are solvent....can make a living.
This lockdown will remove from many the ability to be employed, the ability to own the place they live in(I can see a whole raft of mortgage repossessions because people cannot pay the mortgage...well unless there is legislation to prevent this)

I have thought right from the outset that this was a reactive move rather than a proactive one.....and because other countries were doing this then we should do it too.

I also know that being wise after the event is easy.
I never meant this thread to become 'heavy' and here I am....the originator.....and I am the one introducing the 'heavy'....and for that I apologise.
My aim was to get people to be a little bit distracted from the difficulties of life right now.
Also to get them to focus on the things in their lives which matter.
Dorothy....you have done that....got them to see that health and family are riches you do not need the banks or coins to possess.....an indomitable spirit and a sense of humour and perspective are also essential that you cannot buy barter or trade.

Sorry for this post.

Now Day 16....I Miss M&S white farmhouse bread.
My breakfast toast this morning was some other bit of cardboard that was masquerading as bread...it was neither pleasant nor sustaining.
I will now take my political grumbly self off for a period of 'OM' to see if I can re-balance.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote