View Single Post
Old 24-04-2020, 19:34   #28
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Worst TV commercials...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree they are probably putting them on for thev idiots that are taking no notice of things, instead they should be fining the stupid sods heavily thats the only thing they may take notice of imho.
Cashy, it depends on what they are doing.

If someone is having a social event...a party, then yes, but the police have frequently overstepped their remit during this crisis.

What is the harm in a couple having a picnic....they are compromising no-one having a butty and a thermos of tea at a woodland table.
They are outdoors and probably at much less risk than if they went to Tesco or B&Q.
It is like taking a car ride to somewhere quiet....somewhere you are unlikely to meet up with many people....what is wrong with a walk over the hills.
I went for a short walk along the canal today.....I have never seen so many walkers and cyclists.....and it is really hard to keep 6 ft between you on the towpath.....so were we all law breakers?
The answer is 'no' because the government guidelines are just that...guidelines...not laws.

Today Matt Hancock applauded those businesses returning to work....saying that they need not have closed.
What!
Either we are in lockdown or we aren't and it is comments like that that underline the confusion.
As far as I knew, unless you were a key worker, you were supposed to stay home.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote