Thread: The U.S.A.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 07:43   #1
dotti34

The U.S.A.

Who would want to live in America? I seem to remember Trump saying something to the effect that ‘together we will make America great again’ – looking at what is happening at the present time makes me wonder if it ever will be? It appears that the President is currently in the closed-up White House. In hiding? Maybe it’s just as well because the more he says the worse he makes the situation.

The unspeakable cruelty that caused the murder of George Floyd is unforgivable. Not only unforgivable were the actions of the policeman who committed the crime but so was the lack of action from the police who stood there and watched. This police brutality certainly warrants protests and I can understand how the underlying tension that has been simmering for so long and has now boiled over has made people feel the need to protest. However, nothing warrants the vandalism, looting, arson, and property damage that is taking place. The people committing these acts are not genuine protesters – they are hooligans. They dishonour the name of George Floyd.

As I said – who would want to live in America?

Last edited by dotti34; 01-06-2020 at 07:46.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web