Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:50   #666
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Here’s one possible answer to Stanley’s training ground problem!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commerci...-79676602.html
It didn't sell at the reserve

Their community Trust has got together a fair sum [ with matched funding etc ] and its believed the clubs' owners will play hardball with the receivers to buy it for as low a sum as they can [ they've had it independently valued at less than 200k given the access issues and that the most likely other purchasers [ the caravan park ] having said they have no interest in buying it but are willing to help the club/Trust by making it clear they will not assist any other potential purchaser with the access problem meaning that any purchaser other than the club/Trust would have no access to their purchase.

From what i.m told the clubs owners will buy it and then sell it on to the community trust as they will have access to grants and funding that a private purchaser wouldn't have to renovate the facilities I understand they believe they can get it for less than half the auction reserve price but I guess it will come down to how much the receivers are short on their fees for something they've had on their books and have been trying to shift for over 4 years. They have also been exploring the council buying it with an external loan and the trust buying/leasing it over a very long period

And if they got it for anywhere near that figure they will be getting a bargain in that as well as getting their ground control box back that building contains a space that's sat ready to be fitted out as a gym that the club could have use of.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote