Thread: Former Players!
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2020, 01:26   #1319
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
There's your under 21,s allowed up to 8 I believe which is a good idea breaking in youth plus I should imagine you will be allowed your usual 5 loanees in your match day squad this can give you a squad of 33 not sure.
That's about how I see it which by the time you've paid the extra 12/13 players the wage figure mentioned will be considerably reduced.

And its alright thinking ah well 8 of them will be on next to nothing but it doesn't work like that if they're any good and you expose them to league football unless you offer them a first-year pro contract clubs further up the food chain can come along and nick them for virtually nothing so if you say 400pw and add in bonuses you're not going to be that far short of what you were paying your lowest-paid players before.

And that takes us to what will turn out to be the most contentious aspect of this is if that is the figure it must include bonuses [ or it would be a total waste of time if what you can pay what you want as a bonus ]

And I can see a lot of players getting part-time marketing executive jobs with club owners other companies.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote