View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 06:00   #20
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: been told I need a new computer

Did you ever get around to replacing the PC that is running XP?

If you're using a pc that is running XP since back in the day then its morethanlikely you should just buy a new pc! After 5 mins of using a newer pc you will be like... wow this is so much faster.

XP is a serious security risk. Do not use it online. 7 by now is prob under the same catagory as it is also longer officialy supported by microsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I hate Windows 10....I have really considered getting the xtra pc USB....this has Linux loaded on it and can be plugged in and this might be a better option for Taddy(cheaper and removable if it does not suit....and can be used on an old computer as long as it has USB port)
I have posted a link to this product....I have no commercial link with this company by the way.

you can just make your own bootable USB stick of linux!

Even this might not be good enough for the PC taddy was talking about because the hardware is going to be so old that its possible even the version of linux xtra provide might be too heavy. Might be better going for lubuntu -- but then again. The learning curve might be too steep for someone that is thinking "do i really need a new pc" when they are using a pc so old that it still has XP installed. I dunno.

Last edited by Restless; 23-07-2020 at 06:04. Reason: a
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote