Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 20:54   #735
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

I am reporting what the media are saying(A couple of weeks ago Michael Gove assured us that masks would NOT be mandatory, two days later it was announced they would be....by Boris)....and where is this coming from?

Well, it is supposed to be from Government....that Boris is considering what is termed a 'nuclear option'.
That he has put our locality into a lockdown says much Cashy.....the figures for deaths in the area from ANY cause have fallen.
So what is all this about?
It is about instilling fear and exerting control.
It is not about keeping us safe.

There is no logic to what is being done.
How is it I can go to a pub.....a place where the other customers are an unknown quantity?
I can go and have a meal in a restaurant....in fact from tomorrow we are being offered inducements to do so....again this is a place where I can be in close enough contact to someone I don't know....whose health I don't know.....but if I want to visit my daughter and her family....this is illegal.

In spite of the fact that she has not been out of her house since October, and her children have not been out since March.
I have been out, but infrequently, I have observed social distancing and hand washing, but have not used masks.
How does the possibility of this new edict make sense?
People have been going to the beach, they have been having rave ups, there has been another protest where there was no social distancing......the last protests did not produce a spike in cases of Covid ...it is all knee jerk stuff.
We are being lied to, bamboozled.
It is easier to dupe someone than it is to convince them that they are being duped....someone famous said that and my goodness it is so true!

And if it does come to pass, as the media are saying it will, then I won't be following these half assed rules

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-08-2020 at 20:56.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote