Thread: Next season??
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:50   #497
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Although I am sad to see him go, I would never begrudge Jordan or any other player the chance to play in a higher league & of course i wish him luck BUT i do begrudge the fact that Luton were allowed to swoop in & sign a player of Jordan's calibre on a free transfer, whether that was the fault of the club or the player i don't know as I'm not privy to such information.
All I know is that if i could be objective, yes - i suppose it's a good move for him but unfortunately i'm too emotionally invested in the club to have such objectivity and the thought of him playing for Luton of all clubs is upsetting and not made any easier by reading the thoughts of their fans who on the whole seem a little underwhelmed at his arrival at Kenilworth Road, they'd just better look after him and treat him well.

I agree with your comments here AccyMad. Jordan is a great football player and he deserves his chance at a higher level. I think that we were quite lucky to have kept him last season and particularly in the January Transfer Window. I seem to remember some talk about him leaving then and suggestions that if he stayed he might not give 100% for the remainder of the season. Jordan showed what a good professional he is by continuing to give the full 100% until the lockdown finished the season.
All I can say is that Jordan has been a wonderful player for Stanley. He has thrilled us with some superb goals and even more importantly he has been a constant supplier of chances for our other players.
Good luck to Jordan in his new venture. I sincerely hope that he does well individually at his new club.
Thank you for the memories Jordan.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote