Thread: Next season??
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 17:09   #501
Twenty Eight
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Although I am sad to see him go, I would never begrudge Jordan or any other player the chance to play in a higher league & of course i wish him luck BUT i do begrudge the fact that Luton were allowed to swoop in & sign a player of Jordan's calibre on a free transfer, whether that was the fault of the club or the player i don't know as I'm not privy to such information.
All I know is that if i could be objective, yes - i suppose it's a good move for him but unfortunately i'm too emotionally invested in the club to have such objectivity and the thought of him playing for Luton of all clubs is upsetting and not made any easier by reading the thoughts of their fans who on the whole seem a little underwhelmed at his arrival at Kenilworth Road, they'd just better look after him and treat him well.
Di,
Jordan was offered another deal in December 2019 which he rejected.
The club then placed him on the transfer list for the January window and wrote to all 72 clubs.
As a contracted player the club demanded a fee (quite right too) but the level of that fee was sufficient to send potential suitors running for the hills knowing his contract expired 30 June and he could be signed for nothing a matter of 6 months later.
Its no ones fault so to speak thats how the system works.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote